Music inspired poetry

I've previously written about the way that David Gray's music really helped me during difficult times. I was very fortunate to see him live in concert recently and what a great experience that was. As I watched David perform on stage, I experienced a flood of emotions and I knew that it would inspire me to write a poem. So here it is:

Gray's Antidote

waves of robust timbre
illume the veiled depths
with hints of shimmering indigo
infused with limpid tears

notes ripple with serenity
healing noxious wounds
like a brush of silken feathers
that smooths each ingrained crease

a storm induced crescendo
eliminates the dust
that settled for too long
in crevices unseen

while tones of thunder build
and warm up frozen blues
sweet aria licks give breath to the wind
‘til sombre clouds pass away

©  Paola Borella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitting in

Reasons for a narcissist's anger

EMDR - my experience